- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 English cucumber unpeeled, ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Santa Cruz Organic® Pure Lemon Juice
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint or dill minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Step 1
PLACE yogurt in medium bowl. Grate cucumber into a colander over a bowl and press to drain well; add up to two cups cucumber to yogurt and mix until well blended.
- Step 2
This is an easy to prepare version of the light and multi-purpose sauce inspired by Greek traditional cooking. Serve with grilled lamb kabobs or chops, as a vegetable dip, in a stuffed pita pocket or condiment with a grilled burger.
- Step 3
ADD olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, mint or dill to cucumber mixture and blend together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with mint or dill sprig and drizzle of olive oil; refrigerate until ready to serve.