Shrimp Louis Salad
- 1 pound medium-size shrimp (24 to 28 count) peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Santa Cruz Organic® Pure Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped celery (include leaves)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion or chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 2 firm ripe avocados, halved and pit removed
- OR 3 thickly sliced ripe heirloom or seasonal tomatoes
- Step 1
ADD water to large saucepan; bring to a boil. Add shrimp, seasoning and bay leaf; cook two to three minutes until shrimp are just turning coral pink; drain shrimp in colander and cool with running cold water; discard bay leaf.
- Step 2
Scoop salad into a pita pocket or flatbread and top with radish sprouts and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Step 3
COMBINE mayonnaise, ketchup, lemon juice, tarragon and garlic in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 4
TOSS shrimp, celery, radish, onion and parsley gently in large bowl. Add dressing and toss gently.
- Step 5
PLACE a scoop of shrimp salad into cavity of avocado half or on top of tomato slices; garnish with fresh parsley.