Chili-Lime Chicken Rice Bowls
- CILANTRO-LIME RICE
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Santa Cruz Organic® 100% Lime Juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves and tender stems
- CHILI-LIME CHICKEN
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Santa Cruz Organic® Pure Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or thinly sliced jalapeño pepper
- TO ASSEMBLE BOWLS
- Diced avocado
- Canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- Crumbled queso fresco or shredded Cheddar cheese
- Salsa or pico de gallo
- Cooked corn
- sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- Step 2
COOK rice according to its package instructions, adding minced garlic to rice mixture.
- Step 3
STIR in lime juice when rice is done cooking. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Step 4
SEASON with salt and pepper. Stir in cilantro just before serving.
- Step 6
SEASON chicken generously with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in skillet. Cook 3 minutes per side or until well browned. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Step 7
SHRED chicken with two forks. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Step 8
STIR onion and garlic into pan drippings; cook 30 seconds. Add broth, lime juice, chili pepper and cumin, stirring to scrape up browned bits. Return chicken to skillet. Cover with tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to low and simmer 25 minutes or until very tender.
- Step 9
Assemble Rice Bowls
- Step 10
DIVIDE rice mixture into serving bowls. Top with shredded chicken mixture.
- Step 11
TOP each rice bowl with desired amounts of avocado, black beans, cheese, salsa and corn.
- Step 12
GARNISH with sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.