Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Santa Cruz Organic® Dark Roasted Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- Granulated sugar
- 1 (9.5 oz.) jar Santa Cruz Organic® Strawberry Fruit Spread or your favorite flavor
- Step 1
HEAT oven to 375°F.
- Step 2
BEAT brown sugar and butter in large bowl with mixer on medium speed 2 minutes or until fluffy. Beat in peanut butter, egg and vanilla until blended. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt on low speed just until combined. Shape dough into 48 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Roll in sugar to coat. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Step 3
BAKE 6 minutes. Remove from oven. Using your index finger, make a rounded indentation in center of each cookie. Bake 3 minutes longer or until cookies are set and just beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon fruit spread into center of each cookie. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- Polyunsaturated Fat -1g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet